Troubleshooting text messages
Can’t send or receive text messages
We know having problems with sending or receiving text messages is annoying. So, we’ve put together a few tips that will help to fix the problem.
Did you know that over 80% of problems can be fixed by simply switching your phone off and on again? Give it a go, if the problem continues then:
- Check how much memory is left on your phone. If it’s full or nearly full, try deleting some of your messages in your inbox and sent mailbox.
- You can reset your Android message settings by visiting our Three settings page and entering your phone number.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network on your phone.
- Turn off call barring on your phone. To do this check your phone’s user guide.
Shortcode or premium text numbers
Remember that shortcode or premium numbers aren’t included in your allowance.
If you’re on a Pay Monthly plan, you may have blocked numbers that aren’t included in your allowance.
- You can read about setting up and removing blocks on your account by checking out Controlling your spend.
- If you’re on Pay As You Go, make sure you’ve got enough credit to cover the cost of the text message.
Still having problems sending or receiving text messages? Go to our Coverage checker to ensure there’s coverage in your area.
If you’ve tried the above and you’re still having problems, contact us and for further help.
Did you mean: